SWORD on PlanetLab: Scalable Wide-Area Resource Discovery
Step 1. Fill in the text boxes and choose "Add New
SWORD takes as input an XML query. The query requests one or
more groups of nodes. A group is an equivalence class of
nodes with the same requirements.
Step 2. Add your desired attributes to the group request.
SWORD uses the following format for describing attributes:
<attr>abs_min, ideal_min, ideal_max, abs_max, k</attr>
- abs_min is the required lower bound on the value
- abs_max is the required upper bound on the value
- ideal_min is the preferred lower bound on the value
- ideal_max is the preferred upper bound on the value
- k is the penalty "charged" if the value is between
abs_min and ideal_min or between
ideal_max and abs_max
Step 3: Add additional groups by repeating Steps 1 and 2.
SWORD finds disjoint groups that satisfy the